Get the Jumper Cables, the Printer is Down–Again
December 24, 2010
Did you ever feel like doing this? Sometimes the speed isn’t there. Or you’ve had a jam. Or it just didn’t get the signal.
So, before you apply the volts to your printer, take a look at what you have in place:
- How many printers do you have networked to how many computers?
- Do you have adequate electricity to the printer(s)?
- Are all hard wired or are they wireless? Or both?
- How much are you spending on paper?
- Which printer is the busiest? The least used?
You see what we’re getting at–it is not just the printer–you need to assess the whole system. Ask a professional to do that. Maybe you’ll find:
- You can get away with fewer, higher quality printers.
- Maybe you can streamline the network electronically and physically.
- You have too many cables. What about wireless?
Check into having a system consultation done.
The Office Farmer