Trading in Your Printer
October 30, 2010
As you go about planning and setting up your office space, consider the condition and age of your current printers. Make a few observations:
- How old is each printer?
- How much do you spend on supplies for each and total?
- How many service calls have you had in the past year?
- How much down time?
If the answers to these questions involve a lot of expense and/or downtime, you might consider trading your older printers in for newer gear. The advantages are:
- You are using the value of the old machine to get you a new one.
- Like trading an old car, someone else takes it away and disposes of it–you don’t have to.
- You could get a deal where you can lease or get a supplies-only deal so you don’t have to actually own the machine.
Your local brand-name dealers offer many options if you are considering a trade-in.
The Office Farmer